Recently I had a night when I just couldn’t sleep. No matter what I tried, I just couldn’t relax enough to get myself to sleep. Had it been daytime, I would’ve been in the tub relaxing my cares away. It occurred to me that there might be times when you WANT to stay awake and can’t do it. Like while on a long road trip, for example. So here are some things you can think about when you’re trying to keep yourself from falling asleep (these are not fun or happy things):
- How many hours (or better yet-how many minutes!) you have been awake
- Late/upcoming bills (these always stress me into alertness)
- There is a ghost nearby and it’s reaching out to get you
- How many pounds overweight you are
- All the things you have to do tomorrow
Well, those are the biggies for me. Did I leave any out? Share in the comments!